Our Industrial designs are new products or parts whose visual design can be protected. In particular, a design’s lines, shape, colours, texture, materials, or ornamentation may be registered, making effectively protected industrial designs a significant element of a company’s IP portfolio. By devising a bespoke strategy for the protection of a product’s design, we offer clients a comprehensive range of services in this area.
Prior to submission of an industrial design:
- we analyse its registrability
- we prepare a legal opinion on the registrability of each design
In order to obtain protection:
- we prepare and file industrial design applications with the Polish Patent Office (PPO), EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), and, thanks to the long-term relationships we have established with trusted foreign patent attorneys, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
After obtaining protection for an industrial design:
- we supervise the exclusive rights granted for each industrial design
- we monitor deadlines for payments of renewal fees in Poland and abroad
- we request changes and updates to be applied in the relevant registers when necessary
In case of a violation of an industrial design’s exclusive right and/or an act of unfair competition:
- we prepare cautionary letters
- we provide a mediation service and assist with negotiations in order to reach an amicable settlement
- we conduct litigation before patent offices and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- we conduct proceedings before administrative courts
- we conduct proceedings in case of a violation of an exclusive right at the border