We provide a full range of registration and protection services for Polish, EU, and international trade marks. In consultation with our clients, our team of trade mark specialists creates a tailored strategy that takes into account each client’s specific needs. This includes offering guidance and assistance in all legal and procedural matters relating to reports, proceedings, oppositions, revocations and appeals.
Prior to the registration of a trademark:
- we perform national and international database searches to determine the registrability of a designation
- we prepare a legal opinion outlining the opportunities and risks concerning specific designations
In order to obtain trademark protection:
- depending on the level and geographical location of the protection sought, we prepare and file trade mark applications with the relevant authority, e.g the Polish National Patent Office (PPO), EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), or the International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). In addition, we have developed long-standing relationships with reliable and efficient patent attorneys from all over the world, which enables us to facilitate the registration of national marks in other countries’ patent offices.
After obtaining trademark protection:
- we ensure the timely renewal of exclusive rights for trade marks all over the world
- we file motions to record changes in national, European, and international registers
In case of a violation of a trademark and/or act of unfair competition:
- we conduct litigation before patent offices and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- we prepare cautionary letters
- we conduct mediation/negotiations in order to reach an amicable settlement
- we conduct proceedings before administrative courts
- we conduct civil and criminal proceedings
- we conduct customs procedures related to the violation of trade marks on Poland’s borders